ATC Consumer Hifi SCM100ASL Classic, pair
# ATC 265360BA
3-way active monitor, Standard Finish
Standard Finish: Cherry / Black Ash / Oak / Walnut / Maple / Satin Black & White
The SCM100 ASL active is designed to perform at their best with the finest quality hi-fi equipment.
Like their smaller brother, the SCM50A SL, the monitors ability to reproduce music and speech with phenomenal accuracy, transparency and dynamics lies mainly in the SM75-150S soft dome midrange driver. However, recent modifications that include an upgraded tweeter and enhanced port profile have brought about further improvements in all perform-ance parameters. Bass performance is equally impressive, thanks to ATCs 12" professional level bass driver that incorporates the companys unique Super Linear Magnet technology. Bass, mid and HF drive units in the active model have their own dedicated and individually matched MOS-FET amplifiers. ATCs active crossover network consists of a wide band-width, electronically balanced input stage with high common mode rejection and very low distortion.
Active versus Passive
Active amplification has many advantages:
- Real active amplification means using a dedicated amplifier for each frequency band. Not to be confused by having one broad band amplifier built into the loudspeaker cabinet whilst still using passive crossovers.
- Active crossover filters (at the input of the amplifier) with phase correction ensure accurate timbre, excellent imaging and source location
- A flat magnitude response that is not changed with power input level results in excellent linear behaviour
- A 20dB improvement in intermodulation distortion (IMD). Reducing IMD is one of the major design goals when designing a loudspeaker system.
- Better controlled low frequency (due to optimal damping by the amplifier)
- A greater dynamic range for the same input power (no losses caused by a passive filter)
Drivers: HF 25mm Mid 75mm LF 314mm Super Linear
Amplitude Linearity ±2dB: 65Hz 17kHz
Frequency Response -6dB: 32Hz & 22kHz
Matched Response: ±0.5dB
Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal ±10° Coherent Vertical
Max continuous SPL @1m: 115dB SPL
Crossover Frequency: 380Hz & 3.5kHz
Input Connector: XLR
Input Sensitivity: 1V
Input Impedance: >10k ohms balanced XLR
Amplifier Output: HF 50 Watts RMS MF 100 Watts RMS LF 200 Watts RMS
Overload Protection: LDR tweeter protection, plus active FET MGR (amplifiers)
Power Requirements: Voltage: 100, 115, 230 (factory set)
Power: Nominal 90 Watts, Driven 350 Watts
Cabinet Dimensions(HxWxD): 834 x 400 x 585mm including amps (stands add 200mm to height)