Text by Lake People
The REFERENCE SERIES from Lake People covers absolutely high-level audio products with outstanding features, best technical data and perfect craftsmanship.
The Digital Audio Tool DAT RS 05 is a clock generator, reclocker and format converter for optimizing the digital data stream. The internal clock polishes digital signals and eliminates jitter with precision in the picosecond range. Optionally, the DAT RS 05 can be equipped with a femto clock, which brings the jitter into the femtosecond range according to its name and thus practically eliminates it. For conversion of different signal types and sampling rates, one of up to four digital inputs (AES 3 via XLR, S/PDIF or AES 3id via Cinch, optically via TOSLINK, optionally USB) is transmitted to all outputs simultaneously. A big special feature is the potentiometer on the front to adjust the volume. This makes it possible to adjust the listening level of loudspeakers with digital direct inputs without any problems. This adjustment can also be remote controlled on request. A corresponding upgrade motorises the potentiometer and allows control via remote control.
- Clock Generator: generates precise clocks with phase jitter <10 x 10-12 s (picoseconds)
- Resampler: (ver) converts digital audio data to a different sample rate - Reclocker: refreshes the sample rate and the digital signal
- Jitter Eliminator: completely removes disturbing jitter
- Format Converter: converts balanced, unbalanced, optical audio data according to standards
- Digital volume control: controls the digital volume via potentiometer
- Optional remote control for input selection, sample rate selection and volume
- Optional FEMTO clock generator with phase jitter <90 x 10-15 s (femtoseconds)
- Optional USB input board
- Wordclock: Phase jitter < 10 x 10-12 s (Picosekunden)
- FEMTO Clock optional: Phasenjitter < 90 x 10-15 s (Femtosekunden)
- Resampler: changes digital Audiodata into a different Sample-Rate
- Reclocker: refreshes the Sample-Rate and digital Signal
- Jitter Eliminator: removes disturbing Jitter
- Format Converter: changes symmetric, asymmetric, optical Audio-Data.
- Digital Volume Control. Adjust the digital volume by means of a potentiometer.
SPDIF I/O: 1/1 (RCA)
AES/EBU I/O: 1/1 (XLR)
TOSLink I/O: 1
Wordclock I/O: 1
Sample frequency: up to 192 kHz
Bit depth: 24 Bit
Input sensitivity: 200 mV
Input impedance: 75 Ohm (SPDIF) _ 110 Ohm (AES/EBU)
SNR: > 138 dB
THD+N (@ -1 dBFs): < -137 dB
Interface: USB (optional)
Extras: optional remote control, USB interface and Femto-Clock
Power: 230 V / 115 V AC
Dimensions: 169 x 42 x 170 mm (BxHxT)